The registration issues creditors usually face are generally explained in:
Send this link to the creditor to assist them with registration.
To provide support confirm the following?
1. At what stage is the creditor?
Have are they registered?
Have they verified their email address by clicking on the email confirmation?
Is their email linked to their claim?
Is the creditor logging on with the correct email?
2. Has their claim been uploaded?
3. Is there an error?
Provide a screenshot of exactly what the creditor is having a problem with.
Sample creditor query:
"I have been trying to register and link our creditor code (ABCD-ABCD) online however I am receiving error and have been unable to complete the process."
Registration and logon
Has the creditor registered? If not, confirm have they :
- Completed the registration form? https://creditors.accountants/Account/Login
- Clicked on the registration link within 24 hours? If they wait too long the link will expire, but the creditor will be offered the opportunity to resend the email.
- If the registration link ends in the word "Kind" then they have a Text only email program and it has misinterpreted the URL, remove the letters "Kind" from the end of the URL and open it in a browser.
Has the creditor logged on?
- After registerring, if there is an error, have they forgotten their password? The link to send a Reset Password request is: https://creditors.accountants/Account/ForgotPassword
Is the creditor an Individual and is incorrectly being prompted for an ABN?
If so, make sure the Counterparty (entered in the software) is marked as "Is Individual" and re-upload the creditor.
If the creditor is an individual, but, has a valid ABN registration as a Individual/Sole Trader, they need not be marked as "Is individual" they would simply enter their valid ABN.
Linking to the claim
Ensure the Job is published on the Creditor Portal. Check the status in the Job's Portal tab in the Practice Insolvency software.
Do they have a creditor code in the format AAAA-BBBB?
The code is available in the creditor record in the Practice Insolvency software. If a mailout was sent then it could be included in correspondence to the client.
Does the creditor have an email address entered in the creditor record in the software?
For a creditor email to be automatically linked to a claim, enter the email address and re-upload the claim. When the creditor logs on they can proceed directly to completing their Proof Of Debt.
- Is the creditor entering the correct code?
- Has the claim been uploaded?
Is there an error message or other warning when linking to the claim?
Creditor's must have a complete counterparty record to complete registration.
Australian companies require a valid Australian ABN.
'Individuals' must be setup in the Practice Software as individuals and will be required to supply a date-of-birth.
If there is an error message ask for a screenshot of that error.
Completing the Claim
Has the creditor not completed the claim or Proof of Debt form?
- Is there a validation warning when trying to complete the claim?
- Are there any 'red' boxes around any of the fields.
- Are any buttons greyed out with messages to complete other sections of the form?
- What is the message?
What is the error or message, take a screenshot (Article on how to take a screen shot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ ). Open a new case with Support https://creditors.zendesk.com/ include the creditors email and as much relevant information as possible.