The first time you try access one of your creditor claims against an insolvent company, you will be required to confirm your creditor details.
You do this by confirming your ABN and selected a matching record from the Australian Government Business Register.
A web page similar to below appears where you can confirm your ABN to confirm your details.
To confirm your registration:
1. Enter your ABN and Click Search
Also see: Looking up your ABN
A list of search results appears that match the Australian Government Business Register.
3. Select one of the search results
4. Complete the Delegated Authority Declaration
When the correct business name is selected you then would tick the delegated authority checkbox to declare that you are authorised to act for the selected business.
5. Select one of the communication options
Tick the appropriate communication option:
If you select "for this and all future external administrations" your email address will be set as the main recipient for all creditor claims belonging to your business.
6. Confirm your registration
Your registration is now complete.
Common issues with providing an authority
1. You don't have an ABN (Australian Business Number) and you cannot complete the delegated authority.
Contact your insolvency practitioner. They will change you to an individual or an overseas company and you won't be required to fill out the ABN.
2. The Confirm button is greyed out
Make sure you have ticked all the declaration options and you are not an Australian company.