Last updated: 10 November 2022.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Insol 6 Pty Ltd collects and processes your personal information through our website.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Insol 6 Pty Ltd Collect?
- For What Purpose Does Insol 6 Pty Ltd Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Does Insol 6 Pty Ltd Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Advertising?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Insol 6 Pty Ltd Services?
- Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Creditors and Claimants Does Insol 6 Pty Ltd Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to allow claimant submit claims and continually improve our services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information in relation to identifying your user logon and processing a claim you lodge using our site.
Click here to see examples of the information we collect.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of the Creditors portal, including information about your interaction with content. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses the Creditors portal.
Click here to see examples of what we collect.
- Information from Other Sources: We receive information about you from other sources. Most of the creditors information that is securely held is loaded onto the Creditors portal by accountants conducting their duties in managing insolvency entities of collecting claim information for distributing funds for class action claims.
Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does Insol 6 Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Your Claims.
Much of the information we store is required for processing of your claims. This will include information about the money you are owed.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Creditors Portal.
- Your Payment Details. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect bank account information.
- Identity verification. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to verify your identity. For instance, we your name and email address and forward the information to a thrid-party to verify your identity.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the Creditors portal via different channels (e.g., email, chat).
- Advertising. We do not currently use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. If we change this policy, we will not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks and determine your identity in situations where you may receive payments.
What About Cookies and other Identifiers?
Does Insol 6 Pty Ltd Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customer’s personal information to others. We share customer’s personal information only as described below and with controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make information available to you that is provided by third parties.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Insol 6 Pty Ltd is acquired, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Insol 6 and Others: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; in connection with compliance with an agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Insol 6 Pty Ltd, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection, identity and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Financial services — Key-management-related data element — Application and usage of ISO 8583-1 data elements for encryption
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. We follow the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device .Click here for more information on how to sign off.
What About Advertising?
Third Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Insol 6 Pty Ltd may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising and services.
Currently, the Creditors portal does not advertise any external services.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and history in the "My Account" section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "My Account" section of the website. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- You consent to receiving communications in accordance with these preferences. If you do not want to receive in app notifications from us please adjust your notification settings in your settings.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Insol 6 Pty Ltd website (e.g., in "Manage Your Content and Devices"), device, or application. For more information click here. Most non-Insol 6 Pty Ltd devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please visit here or contact our help desk. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Insol 6 Services?
Insol 6 Pty Ltd does not allow children to submit claims or enter personal information. If you are under 18, you may use the Creditor Portal only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Insol 6 Pty Ltd, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Insol 6 Services
You provide information to us when you:
- register and login
- submit a claim information including the amounts you are owed;
- provide supporting information such as invoice documents;
- vote at a meeting;
- complete a support ticket;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- email addresses;
- amount of any claims you have with an external party and information about that claim
- personal descriptions.
- corporate information, tax registration and ABN number
- your votes at a meeting
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login, email address and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version, and time zone settings,
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information You Can AccessExamples of information you can access through Insol 6 Pty Ltd Services include:
- recent claims
- your complete order history;
- documents provided to view by our clients
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password and address book);
- email notification settings;
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile;